Saturday, July 26, 2008

Meet the Master

... the Grand Master, that is.  

Bennett has been so excited to go to the black belt testing at his Tae Kwon Do school. His 2 teachers, Gabby and Tabby, were testing and he wanted to go and cheer for them. Only for them - as he told me when we were on the way...  I was scared that he would actually boo the others, so we decided that we could cheer for everyone (quietly) and cheer extra for Gabby and Tabby :)

The other big draw was the Grand Master Chong was going to be there - he's like the father of the school. He hails from Buffalo, NY, where he trained the owners of the school.  Grand Master Chong is an 8th degree black belt, so don't mess with him... 

He walked in the door (we arrived 40 minutes early to be sure we could have a good seat - that's what good moms do for their children, right? Good seats...) and there was a collective gasp. He walked right past us and Bennett kinda blushed just seeing him - so cute.

We watched the testing of the 13 students (it took 2 hours...) and then we got to congratulate Gabby and Tabby on a job well done.  They also took a big group shot of all of the students with GMC, since he wouldn't have time to pose with every student... I took that picture - and then of course, since I am not shy with my love of pictures (I am a scrapbooker, after all) I jumped on the chance to shoot a picture of my own when Bennett went up to shake GMC's hand... tacky? Yes. Glad I did it? yup :)

And then Bennett had a little impromtu practice session... 
why not, I guess?

The other cute thing was that his teachers asked the kids to sign the boards that they broke during their testing. Bennett took that very seriously and we stayed extra-long to be sure the boards were taken care of :)

We're off to a big par-tay at Bubba and Gigi's house.  If there's dip and cake, we're there! Have a great Saturday...

No comments: