Friday, July 25, 2008

It's 4 PM on Friday and we are ready already have on our PJs

No kidding. Bennett and I are ready for bed!  Here's a quick rundown of our day:
  • Run by the elementary school to pick up the supplies that I will need for my new job: school scrapbooker. Mrs. Darby gave me a bag of memorabilia from last year and a purchase order to get new supplies for this year. Fun! Bennett acted like a fool while in the office, climbing under chairs and pulling on me while I was talking. On the way to the school Bennett asked if the principal was nice - and I told him that of course Mrs. Darby is nice, but that if you get into trouble you have to go to her office. When I mentioned our conversation to her, she and Bennett had this conversation: 
Mrs. D: Do you know who I'd have to call if you got in trouble and had to come to my office?
Bennett: Um, no m'am.
Mrs. D: I'd call your daddy. What do you think your daddy would say if I had to call him? (she's smiling while saying this of course...)
Bennett: (thinking... pause). Well, he'd probably be in the operating room, and he can't talk on the phone in the operating room, so you probably wouldn't be able to talk to him. 
NICE. :)  I can tell we are already making a great impression at the school!
  • After explaining to Bennett that he embarrassed me in the school office by acting so crazy, we went to pick up our friends at church to go to Alabama Adventure.  After driving the 40 minutes to the park, we drove into the parking lot and I noted something odd. Busses. Cars everywhere. People in the parking lot directing traffic. People EVERYWHERE.  The line to get in was backed up into the parking lot.  I have never seen it like this. Heather and I made the executive decision to get back into the car and leave. There had to be 1000 people there already and people were still coming in by the bus load. The kids handled it well - we promised the swimming pool and McDonalds. As we left we saw that Raven was going to be in concert tonight. Had to be the reason for the chaos. Wish we would have known that before we went there...
  • We drove back (stopped for McD happy meals all around) and went to our pool. Thankfully, it wasn't crowded, we saw some more friends there, had a snack and swam for a good  3 hours. The diving board was the favorite, I think. They were all trying to get to the bottom of the pool like the 'cool big boys' were doing.  No success yet :)
  • We came home, got in the bath, and now we are chilling with a little Word Girl. Brad is on call, so this will be a very low key night. Ahhhh.
Tomorrow we get to go to the black belt testing at Bennett's Tae Kwon Do school. We're hoping that we'll get to meet Grand Master Chung, who is coming to preside over the testing. I think Bennett will be beside himself if he gets to meet him :)  I'd also like to get over to Scrap Etc for their Christmas in July and moving sale (50% off!!!) They are moving closer to me in 2 weeks and I am PUMPED!!  And finally, we get to celebrate Gavin's b'day tomorrow afternoon/evening. Bennett loves to party, so we can't wait!

Hope you have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Knierim said...

Hey Amy. Angie just sent me your blog. Bennett is so funny! I can't believe he starts school this year.

Jenn