Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Big Kahuna rocks!

No rain!! We've had 36 hours rain-free beach time! Don't get me wrong - the rain wasn't ruining our vacation, but it was dictating our rest time (not all that bad in my opinion!!). When we come in the Spring, we have relatively no rain here - along with no crowds, less heat, less sweat, less bugs, etc. I'm having to adjust to our summer adventure (but I'm not having that hard a time!!)

Yesterday we went to Big Kahuna's water park in Destin. It was SO much fun! You may know that Bennett and I are huge fans of AL Adventure - we have a season pass and have been there once almost every week this summer... but I'm not sure we will ever think of AL Adventure as a water park again - maybe just a water mini-playground :)

Here's an overview of one part of the park (with some of our favorite blue slides). We don't do ANY slides that have a cover over them -too scary!!
Here's Bennett and I on Thunder River (my favorite) Lesson learned: remember to lift up when you go down the rapids... ouch!!)
Here's Brad and Bennett on what Bennett called the Cobra Twister (it was really called something else, but we couldn't convince him...)

We also loved the Pirate Escape slide -Bennett said it made his tummy feel funny... the Raging Rhino, the Tunnel of Doom, and some others that I can't remember! Even the lunch was good...

Last night we grilled chicken and ate here (another odd thing  for us - we usually eat every dinner out and just have lunch & b'fast at home...)  The grill left a lot to be desired - in 20 minutes our chicken was only barely warmed... oh well, at least we tried, right? :) Now we have a good excuse to start eating out again!!

Bennett is bugging me to let him watch Word Girl on the computer, so I guess I have to end this post... OH - don't forget that Project Runway starts tonight! I can't wait!  I hope we get Bravo here in the condo!!



1 comment:

Shelley Burkett said...

LOL. Eat out, definitely.

I love water parks, too. Except for the really steep, fast slides that give you a wedgy (sp?) Your beach posts are getting me all excited about our trip next week - I can't wait!

Of course, I don't think I'll have as much fun as you guys - I'll be with like 10 teenagers. 8 of them girls. Sounds like a lot of drama to me, lol.