Sunday, June 15, 2008

First Post...

Well, I've been talking about getting a blog for, oh, a couple of months as least... well, here it is! I have a lot to learn, but hopefully I can begin to record the daily happenings at our house and remember all that I have to be thankful for! Eventually I'll pretty things up and get some music going like my friend Shelley :)


Last week we had vacation Bible school at our church (http://www.asburyonline.org/) and we had a BLAST!! It was Bennett's first time to be in a 'big' class and we were lucky to get 2 of his friend's mommys as teachers (hi! Julie and Heather!!). The best part of the week was seeing him GET it. He was excited to bring his offering bag for Vapor Sports. They are a group that spreads the Word through soccer fields in Africa.




Just for the record - we have NO MORE change in our house :) He even gave a dollar of his own money, which is big because he's saving for the newest Planet Heroes...



We brought Peanut Butter for Oak Mountain Missions - Bennett was so proud about how much we collected...


I co-organized Arts and Crafts and was totally blessed to work with 17 awesome ladies. We had so much fun and hopefully helped the over 700 children learn a little more about God's love. But, the best part of the week was this:


How lucky was I to get a picture of the first time my little guy raised his hands in praise?? It still takes my breath away... If this is all I ever do as a parent - if all I can say is that my son loves God and praises His name, then I guess I've succeeded.

What an awesome week! Amy



1 comment:

Shelley Burkett said...

Wow - I have chills. What a PERFECT moment to capture on film. You must scrap that :)

Welcome to BLOG-DOM! I've linked you on my sidebar - hope that's ok with you. If not, let me know :)

Also, let me know if you need some help with the prettification :)