Friday, June 20, 2008

Big weekend ahead...

Today we are heading to Tellico Plains, TN for a little 'camping' adventure.  I'm not sure about you, but the idea of camping is not pleasant to me, so I'm not sure why my boys insist on calling it camping.  Brad has told me that we are staying in a 'luxury' cabin, but when he follows up by calling it camping, I have my doubts :)  I'm not a roughin'-it kinda girl, so I'm hoping that he's not trying to trick me...

Bennett just told me that he hopes we can go swimming in a pond in Tennessee.  Yuck.  Oh, yuck. Maybe I'll 'forget' our bathing suits :)

No, really - the reason for this adventure is that Brad is going to ride the Cherohala Challenge tomorrow and Bennett and I are going to be there to cheer him on.  Can't wait to see the mountains and explore the little town there.  I'll be sure to take pictures and share - and I'm hoping that I can complete my photography class homework so that I can have something good to share in class on Monday.  

Yesterday we had our first prayer group at church and it was great.  There were only 4 of us there, but I believe that God sends who needs to be there.  We were all struggling with the same things, so it was evident that we were there to support each other as moms and believers. There is nothing better than getting together with other women who have the same struggles and can offer Godly support.  Nothing better.  I am so thankful!

Ok, so I'm off to get ready for this camping adventure.  Wish me luck!   

No comments: